Wednesday 23 January 2013

Interview with Jodie Pierce

DEMISE OF THE VAMPIRE QUEEN author Jodie Pierce is here with us today to talk about her novel.

Welcome to We Do Write, Jodie! Tell us a bit about yourself. 

I am 37 years old and live with my hubby John in Cleveland, Ohio. I have had a fascination with vampires since I was a child but only started writing about them when I was 20 yrs. old after I read an Anne Rice book. I was an exchange student in Brasil so you will usually find Brasil related things in my stories. I also enjoy research so a lot of my places and things are true. I have eight books published currently and am working on 2 more right now.

How long have you been writing? Since high school.

Tell us about DEMISE OF THE VAMPIRE QUEEN. What’s the story about? It's the third installment of my Vampire Queen trilogy. The Queen has taken over a school in Scotland for 'different' children. She oversteps her vampiric bounds and a plan to dethrone her is set in motion. Past lovers come together and there are many twists and turns.

How did the idea of the story come to you?

Well, I kinda wanted to tie up the other two books and the Scotland school thing came to me in a dream.

Do you have a critique group/partner or beta readers, or do you self-edit?

I self-edit.

Are you a planner or a pantser?

Planner

What’s the hardest part of writing for you?

Finding the time to do it.

Me too! What do you absolutely have to have nearby when writing?

My mug of sweet tea.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Flying. I've always wanted to zip around in the air.

What's the weirdest thing you've googled?

vampire dog costumes

Ahahaha, I love it! That's an awesome answer. Teehee.

Quick writing test! Use the following words in a sentence: canopy, willingness, and indecisive.

My willingness to put up the canopy left me indecisive about lunch.

Finish this sentence: If I'm not writing, I'm probably ...

watching tv with my hubby.

Here’s the part where you thank the people who are supporting you. Let's hear your shout outs.

Absolutely, my hubby. Without his support I'd be no where. He's the one that encouraged me to resend my original manuscript back to the place that ended up publishing it after their first refusal.

And finally, where can people find you and your books online? 

www.thevampirequeen1.weebly.com
www.groups.yahoo.com/groups/Sink_Your_Fangs_In
www.goodreads.com/user/show/5216941-jodie-pierce
www.thevampirequeen1.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jodie-pierce/25/357/b22
Twitter: vampiregds
http://stumbleupon.com/stumbler/thevampirequeen
https://www.facebook.com/jodie.pierce.14

Thanks so much for chatting with us today, Jodie! And good luck with your books!

No comments: