Wednesday 26 September 2012

Winner of the Three Two One Pitch

We have a winner! Let's take a look at what judging agent Rebecca Podos had to say about this month's contest:

I've read through all of the entries several times, and it was harder than I expected to pick a winner! I’m not one to linger over pitches, but a few of them really caught my eye. I wish I could learn more about them.

In the end, the winning pitch really stopped me when I came to it the first time, and I kept returning to it:


Name: Tristina Wright
Email: tristina[at]tristinawright[dot]com
Title: CHILDREN OF THE GODS
Genre: YA Steampunk/Mythology (Mythpunk)
Word Count: 75,000

Pitch:
I met her at a masquerade.
I kissed her at a carnival.
I fell in love with her at an execution.

It was definitely a risky pitch, because it didn’t give much of the plot away at all. But I know the book involves intrigue, romance, and danger, and I’m curious to see how that combines with steampunk and mythology. I liked the author’s instincts – I read an awful lot of pitches, and anything out of the ordinary that catches my eye, I try to pay attention to.

Congratulations, Tristina! Please send your manuscript to rebecca@reesagency.com as an attachment and put "Pitch Winner" in the subject line. Make sure you mention in the email that you won from this site, just in case Rebecca has participated in other pitch contests.

And to all other participants, feel free to query Rebecca via normal routes. Who knows, she may request your manuscript as well!

In the meantime, I'm trying to set up the next pitch contest. I'll be sure to let you know when it is, so be sure you're following me here and on Twitter. :)

6 comments:

Fiona McLaren said...

Congratulations - great pitch!

Tristina said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you! What a wonderful thing to wake up to this morning!

Andrew said...

Congrats, Tristina! :D That's awesome

Ink in the Book said...

How exciting!!

Maria Melee said...

Awesome job, Tristina!

Rachel Rossano said...

Congrats, Tristina!