Monday 1 August 2011

Sneak Peek Review: Nikolas and Company

Last year I had the honor of interviewing a very talented author by the name of Kevin McGill. In the interview, he talked about the book he was working on called NIKOLAS AND COMPANY: A CREATURE MOST FOUL. I was very intrigued by the idea of the book. And now he's let me take a sneak peek at the first 100 pages.

Let me just tell you: This story is awesome!

First of all, Kevin does a fabulous job of putting you smack dab in the middle of the story with his wonderful use of setting, and the flow and pacing of his storytelling are spot on. And this story is futuristic, so that's quite a feat to accomplish without sounding like you're just describing a Star Trek episode. And the world Kevin created is filled with creatures of all kinds. My favorite creatures? The humans. I absolutely loved the teens in this story. They're witty, they're brave when they have to be, they mess up, they try again, and they talk to each other like real teens talk to each other. I felt like following them around just to listen to their banter some more. Don't get me wrong, there's adventure in this story too. Nikolas takes his troop on a mission to ... well, you'll just have to get the books to find out.

Check out his website for more details.

Thank you, Kevin, for letting me get a taste of this wonderful adventure. I look forward to reading the rest of it! :)

No comments: